Accurate, continual, and real-time temperature reading along the well path can give you valuable information about the condition of both the reservoir and downhole completion provided by LIOS distributed temperature sensing (DTS). This enables you to adjust parameters and schedule maintenance for maximum hydrocarbon production and minimize downtime.
DTS Temperature readings allow you to:
- Enhance oil and gas recovery
- Increase production yields
- Track well production changes over time
- Reduce frequency of well interventions
- Improve reservoir management strategies
- Supply in-flow distribution along the reservoir
- Detect early water, steam (SAGD), or gas breakthrough and its location
- Observe steam flooding performance
- Verify and allocate cross flow
- Determine skin factor
- Check integrity of casing and completion
- Monitor and optimize gas lift valve operation
- Detect stuck or leaky valves, perforation inflow, porous insulation, wax deposits, hydrate precipitation, etc.